Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Overseas Employment Certificate

Click here for the Latest update for OEC in Dubai.

What is an OEC?

An overseas employment certificate (OEC), is a requirement under POEA Rules and Regulaitons to help ensure that Filipino overseas workers (OFWs) are properly documented and protected.

Only OFWs are required to get an OEC. In this case, OFWs would include: work permit holders such as domestic helpers, etc. as well as S-pass and E-pass holders. PRs, EPEC holders and OJTs are not required to get OECs.

Used OEC, whether regular or multiple, is a requirement to be submitted to the Department of Tourism to avail travel tax reduction for OFW dependents.

What are the requirements for Issuance of Overseas Employment Certificate (OEC)?

Domestic Workers

a.1. Accomplished application form

a.2. Valid Employment Contract (processed by POEA or the Philippine Embassy – if there is no valid authenticated employment contract, please proceed to OEC for domestic worker for the checklist of requirements)

a.3. Work Permit Card

a.4. Passport

a.5. Two-way ticket or Itinerary issued by travel agency

a.6. Proof of OWWA valid membership (i.e. official receipt, certificate of coverage); worth S$42.00 renewable every 2 years.

Others applicants

b.1. Accomplished application form

b.2. Employment Card, S Pass, Work Permit Card

b.3. Passport

b.4. Two-way ticket or Itinerary issued by travel agency

b.5. Proof of OWWA valid membership (i.e. official receipt, certificate of coverage); worth S$43.00 renewable every 2 years)

Where and when to file an OEC?

OEC applications can be filed at Window 2 of the Philippine Embassy (Sundays from 9:00 a.m. to 12:30 p.m. and 1:30 p.m. to 4:30 p.m. / Mondays to Thursdays from 9:00 a.m. to 12:30 pm and 1:30 p.m. to 5:00 p.m.)

How long will it take to process an OEC?

During ordinary days (not peak season) 5 to 10 minutes, provided the documentary requirements are complete.

Can a domestic worker apply directly with the Embassy to secure an OEC, without passing thru Singapore agent (SinAgent)?

Yes, provided she has a valid employment contract processed by the Philippine Embassy, in addition to other documentary requirements stated in item I-A.

How much is the processing fee for OEC?

S$5.50 payable in cash only.

Multiple OEC

An OFW who will travel to the Philippines twice or more in a year may apply for and will be issued multiple OECs. The copy of the multiple travel exit clearance (OEC) shall be validated on the date of departure by the POEA Labor Assistance Center at the appropriate international airport and copies of the same shall be submitted by the OFW/s to the Philippine Tourism Authority (PTA) and the Ninoy Aquino International Airport to avail of the exemptions from payment of travel tax and airport terminal fee pursuant to Sec. 35, R.A. 8042 (Migrant Workers and Overseas Filipinos Act of 1995).

What are the requirements for the application of a multiple OEC?

The issuance of “Multiple Travel Exit Clearances’ (Multiple OECs) is governed by POEA MC No. 12 (2005) which allows OFWs provided with short contract durations and frequent vacations to avail of the same with one year validity upon submission of the following:

c.1. Valid Passport (Original)

c.2. Valid Work visa

c.3. Proof of Current Employment (Contract for Domestic Workers/EP/S-pass , etc.) with more than a year’s validity; and

c.4. Proof of OWWA membership (Official Receipt or Certificate of Membership Coverage) with more than a year’s validity.

Map of Philippine Consulate in Dubai

Map of POLO OWWA in Dubai

(taken from www.poea.gov.ph website)

1 comment:

  1. i dont have employment contract....how to get this?